2019 EASTER SEALS DROP ZONE
September 9, 2019Address:
1175 Douglas Street, VictoriaVANCOUVER
September, 12 2019Address:
1055 West Hastings Street, VancouverSURREYDate:
September 16, 2019Address:
Central City, 10153 King George Blvd, SurreyKey Information:
- To participate you must be 19 years of age or older on event day.
- Mandatory training sessions will be offered to participants in August and September at Climb Base 5 Gym in Coquitlam for Vancouver and Surrey rappellers, (Victoria location TBD) where you will have a chance to familiarize themselves with the rappelling equipment.
- A registration fee must be paid at the time of registration. This fee is non-refundable and is not eligible for a tax receipt.
- You have until October 14th, 2019 to raise the minimum fundraising requirements!
For Victoria: Raise $500 minimum
For Vancouver: Raise $850 minimum
For Surrey: Raise $850 minimum
Last minute/walk ups - Raise $950 minimum
- A registration fee of $50 must be paid at the time of registration. This fee is non-refundable and is not eligible for a tax receipt, but will count towards your fundraising total. For example, if a participant registers in Vancouver they will be required to fundraise at least $800.
- If we haven't received your minimum fundraising requirements by midnight on October 14th, 2019, we will automatically charge your credit card on file.
- Teams are encouraged for this event as it’s not only fun to rappel alongside others you know, but also easier to fundraise collectively as a group. Teams still need to raise the minimum multiplied by the number of individuals in that team, but you can raise the money collectively. For example, if two of you register before June 30th, then you’ll need to raise a minimum of $1500, but if one person raises $900 and the other only $600 then you’ll both still be able to rappel. If a team of people raise funds but only are able to make it to $1300, then only one person from that team can rappel.
- Weight restrictions for the rappelling apparatus are also in effect. The maximum weight for rappellers is 275lbs. If you weigh more than this, please notify us when you register.
- Weather Alert - If our technical crew determines that conditions are unsafe for rappelling, they will either delay the event until it’s safe to go ahead, or they will postpone the event to a pre-determined scheduled “rain date”.
- The charitable Registration Number for the BC events is 11921 7248 RR0001.
We have multiple sponsorship opportunities available for Drop Zone 2019, please contact: Vancouver & Surrey:
Samantha Bishop-Thomas at firstname.lastname@example.org
or 604-873-1865 ext. 447Victoria:
Shannon Bernays at email@example.com
or 250-370-0518Event Information:
For any event information, a copy of the Pledge Form and/or the Participant Guide, please contact Ashley Cheah at firstname.lastname@example.org
or 604-873-1865 ext. 438