2019 EASTER SEALS DROP ZONE
September 9, 2019Address:
1175 Douglas Street, VictoriaVANCOUVER
September, 12 2019Address:
1055 West Hastings Street, VancouverSURREYDate:
September 16, 2019Address:
Central City office tower, located on 102 Avenue and University Drive, SurreyKey Information:
Victoria Training Dates:
- To participate you must be 19 years of age or older on event day.
- Mandatory training sessions will be offered to participants where you will have a chance to familiarize themselves with the rappelling equipment. Choose from the following dates.
Wednesday, September 4th - 8pm-10pm
Sunday, September 8th - 11:30am-1:30pm
Held at Crag X Climbing Centre - 769 Pandora Avenue, Victoria
Vancouver Training Dates:
Sunday, September 8th - 9am-12pm
Tuesday, September 10th - 6pm-9pm
Held at Climb Base5 - 98 Brigantine Drive, Coquitlam Surrey Training Dates:
Wednesday, September 11th - 6pm-9pm
Friday, September 13th - 6pm-9pm
Held at Climb Base5 - 98 Brigantine Drive, Coquitlam
- A registration fee must be paid at the time of registration. This fee is non-refundable and is not eligible for a tax receipt, but will count towards your fundraising total. For example, if a participant registers in Vancouver they will be required to fundraise at least $800.
- You have until October 14th, 2019 to raise the minimum fundraising requirements!
For Victoria: Raise $500 minimum
For Vancouver: Raise $850 minimum
For Surrey: Raise $850 minimum
Last minute/walk ups - Raise $950 minimum
- If we haven't received your minimum fundraising requirements by midnight on October 14th, 2019, we will automatically charge your credit card on file.
- Teams are encouraged for this event as it’s not only fun to rappel alongside others you know, but also easier to fundraise collectively as a group. Teams still need to raise the minimum multiplied by the number of individuals in that team, but you can raise the money collectively. For example, if you have a team of four (For Vancouver and Surrey, 4 x $850. For Victoria, 4 x $500), then you’ll need to raise a minimum of $3,400 (Vancouver and Surrey) or $2,000 (Victoria), but if one person is a super fundraiser, then the rest of the team will just fundraise for the remaining amount. If a team of people raise funds but only are able to make it to $850 (Vancouver and Surrey) or $500 (Victoria), then only one person from that team can rappel.
- Weight restrictions for the rappelling apparatus are also in effect. The maximum weight for rappellers is 275lbs. If you weigh more than this, please notify us when you register.
- Weather Alert - If our technical crew determines that conditions are unsafe for rappelling, they will either delay the event until it’s safe to go ahead, or they will postpone the event to a pre-determined scheduled “rain date”.
- The charitable Registration Number for the BC events is 11921 7248 RR0001.
We have multiple sponsorship opportunities available for Drop Zone 2019, please contact: Vancouver & Surrey:
Samantha Bishop-Thomas at email@example.com
or 604-873-1865 ext. 447Victoria:
Shannon Bernays at firstname.lastname@example.org
or 250-370-0518Event Information:
For any event information, a copy of the Pledge Form (Cash/Cheque Donations), or marketing materials, please contact Ashley Cheah at email@example.com
or 604-873-1865 ext. 438